Breaking news,entertainment news,sports news.

Thursday, May 17, 2018

Ashley Young claims winning the FA Cup can save United's season



• Young says finishing second and winning a trophy will make it a 'very good campaign'
• He reveals that playing week-in and week-out helped him at adapt to his new role at United
• The Englishman is now a preferred left-back at United
United face Chelsea at Wembley on Saturday in the FA Cup final. Should United be defeated, they will finish the season without any honours.
Young reflects on the importance of Saturday's clash: "If we win at the weekend, and finishing second, it will be a very good campaign. I want to play in the FA Cup final and obviously want success."
Young, who has been transformed into a full-back under Jose Mourinho, has shined in his new role. He credits regular playing time for helping him become United's first-choice at left-back.
Young, who is now preferred ahead of Daley Blind, Matteo Darmian and even a natural full-back Luke Shaw, said: "It's been a massive boost for me, playing week-in and week-out. I know where to be on the pitch and when to attack and when to defend.
"I've enjoyed the season and it's gone even better than I had thought as I've got myself back in the England squad." 

No comments:

Post a Comment